Hey, really starting to make progress here. Today, I:
- Initiated conversation with a friend of a friend. She answered politely and everything was fine.
- Talked with a class mate.
- Asked a friend's friend a question about their house.
- Said nice things to a doctor.
- Interjected in a group conversation. This is really uplifting for me, as group conversations are possibly the area I need to work most on.
- Shouted to a group of acquaintances that I saw from afar. We had some short small talk and it was pleasant.
The most important thing I take from today is the importance of small talk. I see that when I initiate small talk, I feel better, more energetic, and more focused. In addition, the more I do small talk, the easier it gets to do additional small-talk, creating a snowball of positive thoughts and friendliness. However, in the stage where I am initiating small talk is still somewhat anxiety-causing. But I keep in mind that we need to talk first - the happiness and comfort will come afterwards.