Stopping ANTS Feelings

Does anyone here have a harder time stopping the ANTS Feelings? The ANTS thoughts seem easier to catch and relabel / stop for me. But the anxious feelings and butterflies that swell up in social situations, how do you combat those and turn the volume down on that?

Thanks.

I’m in Week 22 now, and it’s been gradually easier for anxious feelings and butterflies to calm down in social situations. Later on you learn that feelings are stronger ANTs than thoughts. Thoughts lead to feelings which lead to actions. It just takes time and practice as you progress through the therapy, and it does get easier. Take your time with it and don’t put pressure on yourself.

I had high anticipatory anxiety about work meetings as well as during them, to the point that I found and started this therapy program. For the past couple weeks, I’ve had slight anxiety during the meetings but am better able to catch and stop the ANTs thoughts and feelings (and there are less of them to catch). I think it’s a gradual process that comes from taking in the therapy concepts and doing the behavioral exercises that go with them.

That’s great that the ANTs are easier to catch and label for you! It sounds like you are on the right track. Keep it up! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear the series is helping you. Guess I need encouragement to stay the course. It’s sometimes difficult for me to practice and recall the behavioral side of things when I am in the situation, but I will keep persisting.