Anybody interested to have a study partner?

I find liveinpeace’s daily posts very motivating. I wonder if anyone else is reading and would like to join this conversation. Motivation, working together. I also understand the hesitancy - the fear of sharing. Writing something… anything and then clicking “reply” and feeling nervous about putting your words out there for the world to read or judge. Just remember, we are here together working on the same issue. We understand each other. No one is judging. We are here as a team, to work towards the freedom to enjoy life.

Hey! Are you still interested in a study partner? I’m going to try this therapy again for the third time, I’ve never been able to finish it because it was hard for me to stay motivated.

Hi Jamie15,

I certainly am interested! We are on the same boat. I am restarting the third or fourth time too. Reporting here, maintaining this thread and the feedback I get here has helped me immensely to stay on track. You and anybody else out there, are more than welcome to join in here. We can motivate, support and help each other.

Report D17: Did I/2 hr therapy. Summarized sessions 1-6. I remember getting stuck after session 6, because I am unable to do the behavioral experiment suggested in the balance sheet handout. I have to figure out experiments that I can do each day. For today will stick with the loud greetings, but I know I need to brainstorm to start other experiments.

Hi jamie15!

Thanks for getting involved in the post! Liveinpeace is doing a a tremendous job of sharing their every day with us, with honesty. Not every day is a great one, and that’s completely normal, right? But showing us the ups and downs, and showing us that they are sticking with the therapy habit.

Perhaps you can add your voice to this thread? I know that can be scary, too. Remember we all do understand what each other are going through. Some people find that posting here becomes its own motivation. And I know for sure that other readers here benefit from what people post. You might be helping yourself and thousands of others.

Even if you do not wish to post here, finding that partner will be tremendously helfpul. You and liveinpeace have the ability to PM here. You might start that way. Simply journaling your daily experience with the therapy to another person, to keep you on track, to give you rational feedback, and to be there when you might hit a setback.

Take care!

Report D18: Did 20min therapy- read session 7 handouts. Had a set back the other day, at least shook it off, didn’t let it stick.

Hi , I would like to have a study partner … I would like to join with me

Yes, Zainab, I would like that very much. How would you like to do it. We could continue our daily updates as a thread right here, if that sounds okay to you.

Tremendous job, liveinpeace! Having setbacks is a natural part of overcoming social anxiety. You could say a necessary part. We all have them. You understood this and kept on going. Good for you!

Here is my Skype I’d zai_na9 ,

Hey! I just found this site. It is a miracle. Can I have a study buddy? Is that possible? I am afraid I won’t be able to stay focused.

U can add me in skype dude …

Hi all, seen it has gone a little quiet on this thread, @livinginpeace, enjoyed the diary entries, keep them coming. This is my first attempt on the course, I am striving to keep it going and not a have a fear of succeeding, then stopping halfway. alex.gibson222 on skype if anyone wants to add me and contact me as a study buddy.

Im interested. Ive found starting a private Facebook group works well for support. What do you think?

Hi there! Would be great to be in a study group. Maybe via Skype?

It’s good to see others have benefited from this thread, although I myself couldn’t keep it going partly because I was busy and in less SA provoking situations lately. Good luck to all. I myself will restart sometime soon and continue my daily diary entries right here.

Yes , Skype is really good

@Zainab_Nalees, @Catherine_Griffith, @Kapten, @jamie15, @Sarah_Jean and anyone else interested in a study group. Let me know if you’re interested in setting up a group via Skype. This would allow us to have personal interaction and real time conversations which I think would be really helpful. If you’re interested, I can set something up. I think it would be great just to talk about the lessons, our learnings and challenges, and a great way to make new friends!

Yes , i prefer setting up something like that would be great , so if we have any doubt about the lessons we can share .

Sounds good. I have just set up a Skype account.